Sunday, March 28, 2010

How to keep slugs off your vertical vegetable garden.



I simply use Slug and Snail bait...following the directions on the box I apply the bait around the base of each vertical garden. If you are concerned about pets and children playing around or eating the bait I suggest that you use a high quality copper flashing around the base of each post. The copper carries a charge that slugs do not cross. Copper is expensive but a safe and effective way to control these pests.
I suggest that you still inspect your vegetables on a regular basis. You never know...slugs are persistent and one may make it in every once in a while.
ALWAYS wash your veges before you eat them! Even if you are sure that no slugs are around.

Email me with questions at: bestverticalgarden@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment